I took Ambien last night and slept for 8 hours. It is a miracle; I haven’t felt this awake in months. Shame about the side effects:
* Anterograde amnesia
* Hallucinations, through all physical senses, of varying intensity
* Ataxia or poor motor coordination, difficulty maintaining balance
* Euphoria and/or dysphoria
* Increased appetite (shit)
* Decreased libido
* Impaired judgment and reasoning
* Uninhibited extroversion in social or interpersonal settings
* Increased impulsivity
* When stopped rebound insomnia may occur
Anterograde amnesia? I am truly screwed if this is true, my memory is already shot. I have to say though, the effects of the drug were much less trippy than what you get with over the counter stuff, like Nyquil. When I take that I have delusions of dismemberment. My hands feel like they are floating across the room. I took the Ambien at 8:30, became slightly dizzy and light on my feet at 10, then lost consciousness at 10:30. I woke up bright as a button at 6:30.
I don’t know why I am sharing this.